The Bursary Department of Atiba University is the custodian of the University’s financial records and manage its resources. Its primary purpose is to manage the financial resources of the University through the efficient application of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
Functions of the Bursary
The Accountant currently heads the Bursary Department. He is as the Chief Financial Adviser and responsible to the Vice Chancellor on day-to-day financial activities of the University. He carries out the following functions:
- Collection of Government subvention, Local and Foreign grants, Endowment funds, students’ school fees and all other income due to the University.
- Preparation and payment of staff salaries and allowances, pension, capital projects, Overheads, Bursaries and Scholarship awards and Third Party Bills.
- Preparation of Budget and relevant periodic reports for University’s Management, Council and respective government Agencies and ensuring the statutory auditing of financial statements.
- Maintaining and managing the University’s Investment Portfolio.
- Custodian of cash/cheque, contracts and insurance matters of the University’s assets
Managing of University’s finances and investment.