We provide real-time information for timely decision-making and answer inquiries with confidentiality and integrity for our Students, Faculty, and Administrators, while facilitating the achievement of the vision and mission of the University. We also provide timely support for the Directorates to deliver high quality service towards achieving a world class standard at Atiba University.
We are committed to supporting the goals and objectives of the founding fathers of the University by working together to recognize and meet the needs of our students and staff through mutual respect and partnership.
Responsibilities of the Registrar’s Office
By Statute 8 of the University books, the Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible in accordance with Section 3(3) of this Statute.
The Registrar’s Office is responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the University.
- The Registrar’s Office handles the promotion, training and retraining and discipline of Staff through the Directorate of Personnel Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office facilitates effective student registration and enrollment through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office also builds secure student data files and sets policy and procedure for their responsible use through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office maintains up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, final examination schedules through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Council Affairs, coordinates the smooth operations of the University Governing Council;
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit, develops a data bank for planning and budgeting and information system of the University; and
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Corporate Services, handles the Publicity, Convocation Ceremonies, Protocol and Hospitality, Publication, Servicom and Immigration services needs of the University Community.