Dr. James Adesokan OJEBODE
B.A (Ife); PGD Comp. Sc. PGD Acct./Finance, MBA, M.Sc, Ph.D. FCAA,FCIN, FGRLT,FCNA,ACTI,MNIM
James Adesokan Ojebode Ph.D. was born on 14th April, 1957. He hails from Oyo town in Oyo State of Nigeria. He attended various schools and colleges, among them are: St. Andrew’s College Oyo, University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) and University of Technology, Minna etc. He obtained the following qualifications from his educational pursuit: BA (Hons) Education/Yoruba; PGD Accountancy/Finance; MBA, Banking/Finance; PGD Computer Science; M.Sc. Finance; Ph.D Finance and Ph.D Strategic Studies.
He is a member of various professional bodies such as Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (ACTI); Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) (MNIM). Likewise, he is a Fellow of these Institutes: Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (FCMA); Institute of Company and Commercial Accountants (FCCA); Chartered Institute of Commerce of Nigeria (FCIN); Nigerian Institute of Corporate Executive (FICEN), African Business School (FABS); Institute for Government Research & Leadership Technology (FGRLT), Institute of Fraud Examiner (MCFE) and Certified National Accountants of Nigeria (FCNA)
He started his civil and public service career on 13th January, 1987 with the Federal Ministry of Education. He joined the service of the National Board for Educational Measurement (NBEM) in May 1992 and continued in service when NBEM metamorphosed into National Examinations Council (NECO) in April, 1999. He has served in various capacities as a Civil and Public Servant as follows: Education Officer, Federal Ministry of Education (1987-1990); Senior Accounts Officer (funds), Federal Ministry of Education (1991-1992); Senior Accountant (Finance & Supply), National Board for Educational Measurement (NBEM) (1992-1995); Principal Accountant (Finance & Supply), National Board for Educational Measurement (NBEM) (1995-1997); Chief Accountant (Finance & Accounts), National Examinations Council (NECO) (1998-2000); Assistant Director (Finance & Accounts), National Examinations Council (NECO) (2001-2005); Deputy Director (Finance & Accounts) (2006-2009), National Examinations Council (NECO). He served as the Director, Finance and Accounts Department of National Examinations Council (NECO) from January 2010 to April 2017 and he served meritoriously on that rank/position.
He attended the following workshops/conferences:
- Public Sector Budget Reform, Budget Implementation and Public Expenditure Management
- National Workshop On Medium Term Sector Strategy
- Workshop on Audit Practice and Management in the Public Sector
- Workshop on Audit Practice ad Management in the Public Sector
- International Workshop on Budget Design and Control
- Association for Educational Assessment in Africa (AEAA) Conference in South Africa and Botswana
- International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA) Conference in Israel, Singapore and USA
- Program on Negotiation and Leadership at Harvard Law School, U.S.A.
- Training on Evaluation at American Evaluation Association, Denver, Colorado, U.S.A
- Attended several Managerial Accounting courses, Budget Planning and Implementation, Resources Allocation, Bank and Customer Relationship, Salaries and Wages Management, Human Resources Management, Public Sector Accounting, e.t.c.
Dr. James Ojebode contributed immensely to the Finance and Accounts Department of National Examinations Council (NECO) with his educational background, training and experience in the financial sector. He oversaw the preparation of internal, external budgets of the Council, co-defended the Council’s budget at various levels, monitors revenue generation for the Council, and he generally oversaw the Finance and Accounts department of the Council.
Based on the various educational heights, financial training and wealth of experience acquired by Dr. James Ojebode, he has published many articles on Finance, Accounts, Management, Economics, etc. He has also drawn diverse financial experiences as member of high profile economic/financial committees both within and outside the Council. He has attended series of trainings and workshops in the financial sector both nationally and internationally.
Dr. James Ojebode is a renowned philanthropist and an astute businessman with investments in farming, hospitality, education, technology and much more. He is married and blessed with children and grandchildren.